For years, the key to success for any business solution has been data and making sense of your data is one of the greatest challenges that businesses are facing today. In today’s digital era which is accelerated by AI and automation ,data plays a crucial role. It has become the business-enabling capital and the oil that fuels our digital economy. But unlike traditional assets, the value of your data grows over time and creates a powerful source of management insight and competitive advantage. Your story can only have a happy ending if you manage, secure, integrate and analyze your data efficiently to deliver outcomes that matter. Selecting the right tool to bring data from disparate sources and transform it before loading to a target destination was critical. Many organizations are struggling with the process and have failed to see the benefits of tools over custom coding. The problem with using in-house tools or custom code is that it significantly increases the total cost of ownership (TCO) in terms of maintenance, technical support ,training etc. Using several tools can also lead to fragmented metadata, which turns compliance and other issues into chores. So to avoid these challenges , we will focus more on Self Serving ETL tool that can work with multiple data sources and perform complex analytics, including predictive, spatial, and statistical. Self-service data analytics with Alteryx bridges the gap among skills, speed, and depth of analysis to empower data workers and analysts to achieve ever-greater insights, while reducing the burden on technical teams and unlocking hidden business opportunities.
What is Alteryx?
Alteryx is the leader in self-service data analytics which provides analysts with the unique ability to easily prep, blend, and analyze all of their data using a repeatable workflow, then deploy and share analytics at scale for deeper insights in hours, not weeks.Alteryx is definitely a leading software tool for making the ETL process easier because it provides a vast array of tools for processing data sets but it is not entirely an ETL tool . I would say, it is more like a data analysis and data exploration tool that lets you import data from a wide variety of sources, process it and get it ready for further analysis because till date Alteryx is still missing many of the common things that you need from an ETL tool like dependency management, restart and recovery, logging and auditing etc. If you think from the development perspective ,there are certainly some instances where you can skip the Load part and go straight to analysis and start your analysis. Alteryx is undoubtedly a polished commercial product with support experts and partners across the globe and if the purpose is to enable a number of not very technical users to do their own ETL and data wrangling, and cost is no issue, then Alteryx is a better choice.
What does Alteryx do?
- Single Analytic Experience — Users of all levels can unlock any data source — big or small, clean or dirty –wherever it’s stored — on your desktop, in the cloud, hidden in legacy systems.
- Drag and Drop Workflow — Using a repeatable drag-and drop workflow, we can quickly profile, prepare and blend all of your data without having to write SQL code or custom scripts.
- Advance Data Modelling — Enhance the value of your analysis by incorporating statistical, predictive and prescriptive analysis in both a code free or code-friendly environment.
- Spatial Analysis — Easy to visualize advanced location-based calculations, such as drive-time, trade area, and spatial matching and point creation analyses all in the same analytic workflow.
- Visual competence — Once you’ve completed your analysis, output analytic results to data visualizations featuring tables, charts, and maps that bring your insights to life.
- Sharing — Alteryx Server, a secure and scalable server-based product for scheduling, sharing analytical app, and running analytic processes and applications in a Web-based environment.
4 Signs You Misunderstand Self — Service Data Analytics
- It is not designed to replace enterprise ETL platforms, but rather complement them for analytic insights delivered at the speed of business needs.
- It is not visual analytics, but a conduit for accessing, cleansing, and blending data from multiple sources; performing advanced analytics; and sharing insights at scale.
- It is not a niche tool for predictive or spatial analytics requiring deep knowledge of statistics, R, or GIS tools, but an intuitive platform that empowers users of all skill levels.
- It is not a contributor to the rise of data chaos creating shadow IT projects, but a platform that respects data governance and ensures that only the right users have permission to access the right data.
What Self-Service Data Analytics Actually Delivers?
How Alteryx Compares to Traditional BI Tool ?
We all know that traditional BI software are well-known for their slow execution, rigidness ,less flexibility , require more technical expertise and difficult to maintain but now a days organizations are looking for highly scalable, centralized, standardized reporting with guided analysis in real time . Self Service tools are intuitive and interactive that allow users to access or extend not just IT-curated data sources, but also non-traditional data sources. When selecting a data integration vendor, organizations should look beyond the GUI to see what lies beneath the covers for both current and future needs. You will see reduced costs for training and maintenance as well as many other benefits on the operational and BI fronts .Please refer the below checkpoints before opting any Self Service data Analytics tool.
To summarize , Alteryx is one of the best known software products in the world of analytics and many companies are using to obtain valuable insights from data. Alteryx enables anyone to visually and iteratively integrate and blend data from multiple sources and types, like social media, CRM, ERP Hadoop, or data warehouses―whether cloud or on-premise. It makes it simple to go from data to reporting and dashboards,publishing and sharing interactive analytics for everyone inside and outside your organization.
Don’t forget to share this Article with others on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Whatsapp! as it will help them and make my countless hours of work count. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on twitter (@rajvivan) or LinkedIn (@rajvivan)
For more details click on below link